Friday, October 21, 2022

this and that

Month 4 of umeshu making...not too much change but I feel like the liquid is getting darker
The largest (longest) piece of fried cod I have ever seen.

AND it was packed in a very HUGE (long) un-earth friendly plastic container....

Large flat leaves of kale turned into stuffed kale (like stuffed cabbage) for dinner on Sunday...that V said looked like lau lau and strangely tasted like lau lau after cooking...

The umeboshi that I purchased is sour but I like it because it has no artificial stuff in it.

I know some of you used to use my Flickr Account to research stuff in Japan, I just wanted to tell you that it is still “alive”, even though I cannot upload any more photos to it, the 20,000 plus photos are still there....

Even with all the krazy weather, the reno is progressing...super noisy almost all day long.

Since we live on the top floor, you can hear them when they work on the roof as well as on our floor...

(photo of our stairs the day after the dude “jack hammered” (for several hours) off all the rubber padding) 

Usually if the weather is nice I get out to walk/get groceries, so I don't have to listen to all the noise, but the weather this month has been rainy, so I've had to (try to) tolerate all the noise.

Not much to do though, cannot hear the tv nor nap...

AND they covered our lanai sliding doors with plastic for several days this week, so we weren't able to open them for ventilation or see anything...

The weather has been really gloomy and rainy and the temps have dropped over the past couple of days to low teens Centigrade in the mornings and evenings.

There have been many stories on the news about the return of the foreign tourists.

Apparently they are buying like krazy because the exchange rate is so good for them now.

Even if Japan's mask wearing had always been on a request base only, it is also nice to see that the tourists are wearing their masks whenever possible.

Was never used to the crowds in Japan even before COVID, but I haven't ventured to Shibuya or Shinjuku recently, so am not too sure how krazy it is...

The daily COVID case numbers are on the rise in all prefectures.

“Furry” Tokyo People…First time running into this one from on top of his roof...
While walking, I ran across these two, poor thing! His back legs were so frail, but I was amazed that he kept going.

His owner kept putting the water bottle near his butt to “steer” his back legs.

Hope you all are doing well, have a safe weekend.

6 comments:

KirkK said...

I'm glad that most of the tourists are wearing masks Kat. When we were in Mexico, it seems that only the locals (and us) wore masks. You could tell the Americans, because they wouldn't wear masks.

Anonymous said...

my mouth keeps watering just thinking about umeboshi, LOL
thanks for mentioning your flicker account! There are places I really want to check out!
v

K and S said...

that is interesting Kirk!

lol V!

Take care you two.
Kat

jalna said...

Good to know that they didn't trash your photos.

Rowena said...

I winced when I heard that numbers are rising (sigh), but smiled when you said tourists wear masks. oh and the weather and reno work...it must feel a bit like living in a prison not being able to go out - hang in there!

K and S said...

Jalna, I was surprised that the photos were still there.

Rowena, I am glad that most people continue to wear masks too. Thanks! trying to keep positive vibes when it comes to staying indoors...

Take care you two.
Kat