Wednesday, October 12, 2022

super easy cheese sauce

Monday, Satoshi went out with his tour guide friends so I needed to make (or buy) my own dinner.

Since I had opened a bottle of salsa when I made taco rice a couple of weeks ago, I thought about making taco salad or nachos

And with the somewhat cooler weather, I kind of also wanted cheese sauce.

So I found an easy recipe here

I made 1/4 or so of the recipe

Here’s the full recipe if you want to try : serves 6 : BBC Good Food

500 milliliters milk

4 tablespoons flour

50 grams butter

100 grams cheese : add your favorites to total 100 grams

Pour milk into large saucepan, add flour and butter

Turn heat to medium and start to whisk

Keep whisking fast as butter melts and mixture comes to a boil the flour will disappear and start to thicken

Whisk for another 2 minutes while the sauce bubbles then stir in cheese until melted

NOTES: so easy, once you turn on the heat, just whisk! and you’ll see the sauce come together in a couple of minutes.

I actually didn't read the directions and put the milk, flour, butter and cheese in all at one time and just whisked until the sauce came together.

ps I ended up making a chicken taco salad with some poached chicken from the freezer, avocado, baby leaf, salsa and a drizzle of the cheese sauce.

I would make this cheese sauce again.


5 comments:

Rowena said...

it's like a very toned down sauce mornay? I know it would make for mac&cheese!

jalna said...

Your salad looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

interesting sauce for taco salad, but I like Rowena's idea of mac and cheese!
v

KirkK said...

Looks very nice Kat!

K and S said...

ooh thanks for telling me this Rowena :)

Thank you Jalna!

gonna try in the coming weeks V!

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care everyone.
Kat