Friday, October 07, 2022

this and that

"Kodoku no Gurume" Season 10 starting tonight...whoo
"Derby" a candy made by ION, a Greek candy maker.

This one was similar to Mounds....coconut filling, "dark" chocolate (even though it said 35% cacao)...and rice crisps.

I would get this one again.

Reason why I lose so many silverware..."someone" is throwing it into the garbage.

Luckily I found this before it went into the bigger garbage bin...

(gotta take a photo otherwise they no believe they did it)

Was looking for rice cakes (to put peanut butter on), bought these but realized they are sugar coated...will be on the look out for the type that are not coated 

Tuesday the krazy attention needy guy in N Korea decided to fire a missile...it wasn't the first time for him to do so, BUT it was the first time an alert went off...the scary thing is apparently 2 minutes after the alert went off, the missile apparently already landed in the ocean, not enough time to run or hide

On Wednesday and Thursday, Satoshi had a conference,  ICEF (Innovation for Cool Earth Forum) and had to leave the house at 6:00!

He also needed a bento for both days…which meant Kat had to wake up at 4, feed him breakfast at 5 so he could leave the house at 6…

He didn't want to carry anything too bulky, so Wednesday, I put together these fried shrimp musubi, gave him some wilted chinese cabbage seasoned with some yukari (shiso) furikake and a piece of yakiimo (roasted sweet potato)

Thursday, I made some musubi with small pieces of katsu.

I wilted some spinach and also gave him some yakiimo.

Thinking of my mom especially today, it would've been her birthday.

The temps have really gone down (low 50s) in the past couple of days, I think the weather dude said it was November temps.

Unfortunately the temps will go back up after the 3-day weekend…

Have a safe weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor thing, gotta wake up so early. I actually get up between 3 and 4 am most mornings. Really sleepy around 8:30pm-9pm. Yup, old ageitis!
I'm making a list for all the things I gotta buy when I get to Japan. I love mounds and almond bars.
that rose is so pretty.
v

Anonymous said...

not sure it it's your end but on your blog, the heading still comes up as yesterday's #4 shot.
if i click on your blog name, our adventures in japan, then today's blog comes up as "this and that"
just thought I'd let you know
v

K and S said...

Thanks for telling me about the blog, I cannot see it, but appreciate you telling me about it V!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

silverware in the garbage???!!! I bet steam was coming out of your ears -- hang tight Kat!

p.s. between the krazy needy guy and the psycho that rides horses shirtless, I dread listening to the news.

K and S said...

Rowena, I really hope this war ends soon and Ukraine will be free!

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Man that missile thing is scary Kat! Satoshi needs to pay you more for waking so early! ;o)

K and S said...

too krazy Kirk!

Take care.
Kat