Tuesday, October 11, 2022

tree to bar

One of the supermarkets in our area called LIFE, has an organic brand called Bio-Ral (According to their press release, it is a combination of the German word "Biologisch" (organic) and the English word "Natural")

They have exclusive 7 Bio-Ral stores: 2 in Osaka, 1 in Kanagawa, 1 in Saitama and 3 in Tokyo, I want to check out the ones in Tokyo, but would need to ride the train to do so, so I am happy they sell a few products at the LIFE supermarket in our neighborhood.

Like these Tree to Bar Organic Chocolate bars.

I had heard of Bean to Bar chocolates, but this was my first time coming across Tree to Bar chocolate

According to the info I found online, it implies that the chocolate maker has complete control over how the cacao was grown, processed and that the chocolate itself was made in the country of origin.

The maker is located in Hokkaido, and used Organic Peruvian 70% cacao with golden berries and pink salt respectively.

Of course pictures on the package were deceiving, the one of the golden berries had a little more berries on the bar...

it was my first time trying golden berries which tasted like really dry raisins...meh.

The pink salt was slightly detectable, but was nothing special 

I did enjoy the chocolate and glad I got to try these.

They also have a cacao nib version, so I'll get that one in the future.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounded like a great idea. Too bad didn't live up to the hype. There are so many chocolate makers now days. Wish I could try them all, LOL
v

K and S said...

So many in Tokyo, I want to try too V...

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

first time hearing of complete control over how the bean is grown itself, so these guys are serious!

jalna said...

I like the packaging. Cool artwork.

KirkK said...

The Missus actually likes gooseberries Kat, though She prefers getting the fresh ones from the Farmer's Market. Looks like a very good option for chocolate!

K and S said...

1st time learning about this type, Rowena :)

it really is Jalna!

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care everyone.
Kat