Wednesday, November 02, 2022

date "caramel"

Been seeing this on my IG explore area so I wanted to try.

Date caramel.

You just use pitted dates, your "milk" of choice, some salt and vanilla extract.

I only used 4 dates and about 1/4 cup almond milk.

My hand held blender's blade couldn't reach all of the dates at the bottom of the cup I used, so my caramel came out "chunky".

I ate this with apple slices and it really did taste like caramel but without the sticky-ness.

Nice natural treat.

6 comments:

jalna said...

Ho! Interesting.

Anonymous said...

Sugoi!
I still have to buy some peanut butter to try the stuffed date. I do like dates but when you see the calories, sugar, etc....
When I was a kid mukashi, mukashi, we would go to the zoo and Kapiolani park and pick up all the dates on the ground that fell from the trees around the camels and giraffe enclosures and feed them (and eat some)
Actually, there are some trees right where Ala Wai canal comes out behind Waikiki Library but homeless people hang in that area so don't think the dates that fall on the ground are sanitary.
v

K and S said...

Jalna, different but tasty.

V, hope you like it when you try it.

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I would put that on top of cooked oatmeal!

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat!

K and S said...

ooh that is a good idea Rowena!

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat