Friday, November 11, 2022

this and that

Not sure why I had Thanksgiving on my brain, we usually don't celebrate it.

But since I did, I made us a plate with poached chicken from the freezer, some cranberry chutney that my mom made too many moons ago that we’ve been eating super slowly, maitake sauteed with onions, avocado, roasted pumpkin, baby leaf greens and a lemon dressing.

Did you view the blood moon the other night? apparently for the moon to be lined up again with the sun, earth and another planet will be in another 350 years?! or something like that.

I was amazed we could see it especially through the reno netting.

Tokyo people...the police waiting to catch the rolling stops.
Wicklein's (lebkuchen) gingerbread stars which I found at Kaldi.

They are the soft type of gingerbread filled with dried fruits and glazed or covered in chocolate.

Weirdly I actually like the glazed one more than the chocolate one.

The chocolate one seemed overly sweet.

Satoshi said the same thing.

Ichimaruhachi's chestnut filled imagawayaki.

So much chestnut filling and the matcha outside was delicious too.

I needed a new bottle of maple syrup so I could make some granola and realized the prize has kind of sky rocketed...

The cheapest I found was 645 yen (tax included) and only had 250 milliliters of syrup in it. (the last time I bought the same sized bottle the price was about 399 yen or so...)

And the largest size I found was 2580 yen (tax included) and had 1000 milliliters of syrup.

Apparently the Japan government said that in 2022, 20,000 (maybe more?!) products' prices will go up...eep.

I'm sure more prices will get higher as the war in Ukraine and global warming continues.

I hope you are all doing well, Japan's daily case counts are going back up.

Have a safe weekend.

ps it's Pocky Day but I haven't bought pocky in awhile since they have artificial sweeteners in it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the soft gingerbread with fruits sounds ono. I like gingersnaps; do you remember Pogen or are you too young? You were supposed to place in your palm and press with a finger from the other hand and if it cracked evenly, supposed to be good luck.
and kuri, yum yum yum!
v

jalna said...

I like your "Thanksgiving" spread!

K and S said...

sorry dunno about Pogen V.

Thanks Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

just out of curiousity, I checked the price of my maple syrup and it's 6,39€ for 189ml (250g in weight). I checked amazon and it was 26,50€ for a liter.

KirkK said...

Prices are increasing by the month it seems Kat!

K and S said...

wow Rowena, your prices seem higher (euro to yen exchange)...

it really does Kirk!

Take care you two.
Kat