Monday, November 14, 2022

out and about

Thursday, Satoshi was going to eat out with friends, and I wanted to send something to my host sister for her birthday, so I went to Jiyugaoka.

I've been wanting to check out Yasuhiro Seno's chocolates.

He apparently moved his shop from Kobe to Tokyo earlier this year.

When you enter the store there is a citrus fragrance which surprised me but got used to after awhile.

I chose several chocolate bon bons and also purchased a slice of the cake au chocolat...2179 yen (tax included).

The bon bons are sold by weight...33 yen per gram, so the heavier the bon bon you choose the more the price.

Iyokan is a seasonal chocolate made from homemade confit

Pistache..white ganache and pear liquer topped with an Italian pistachio

Jasmin..jasmine tea and apricot liquer ganache covered with a dark chocolate.

Croustillant..homemade praline

Traditional Noir..homemade praline using almonds and hazelnuts covered with dark chocolate.

All were nice and I look forward to trying more in the future.

I also went to Comme'N to pick up some items for lunch...

Brioche maroe...soft brioche dough topped with cream cheese and chestnut paste, 380 yen (tax included)

Kind of like a cheese cake-y bread...I enjoyed this.

Petit dog...walnut baguette with hot dog and cheese. 400 yen (tax included)

The baguette was on the harder side, but this was tasty
Baguette...we had this with wine 300 yen (tax included)

Love! the crust was crisp and the innards were soft even after freezing then toasting
The trees were changing colors.
The ginkgo trees near Denenchofu station were changing as well.
And the Christmas decorations are up too.

Yasuhiro Seno

5-39-1 Okusawa

Setagaya, Tokyo

Phone: 03.6715.6989

Business hours: 10:30-18:00

*check social media for days closed

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

why is it called petit dog? or is it pupu pup size in a mini baguetter? LOL looks pretty bit to me.
v

K and S said...

their regular hot dog uses a huge sausage V...this was just right!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

all I can say is the bigger the bon bon, the better.

KirkK said...

Love that photo of the trees Kat!

K and S said...

indeed Rowena :)

me too Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat