Friday, November 18, 2022

this and that

Surprised at how fast they cleared this block...sad too.

One of the buildings used to be an animal hospital.

We used to always check out their cats whenever we passed by...

Have you seen this movie? "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"...it was kind of a mixture of the past and present, not too many nice reviews online, but I enjoyed this.

Brought back nice memories of Mr Rogers and made me realize how much I remembered his songs.

FIFA World Cup starting soon...everyone getting into the spirit to cheer on Japan's team.

Month 5 for the umeshu...looking good.
Tried this "instant" oden by Kanematsu Foods.

The package is a serving for 1 and has 6 items...egg, daikon, konnyaku, gobomaki, chikuwa and konbu.

And it is packed in the soup, just heat 5 minutes and eat.

I added some blanched kabu (turnips) since I thought we should have more veggies...the broth was a little salty (we only took a couple of sips) and everything was on the softer side but for 238 yen (tax included), totally worth it.

Benny Supermarket had a sale on kuromame, so I bought a package for New Years...138 yen (tax included).

Around this time of year I start to look out for New Years foods and when I see it on sale, I usually will buy because right after Christmas the prices goes krazy.

Tokyo People...when you only have a bicycle but need to transport a shelf...

Tokyo's daily case count is up, Tuesday it was 11,196! and hasn't decreased yet...

Have a safe weekend.

5 comments:

jalna said...

LOL. That last photo! Funny. Hope he made it home okay. Now I going google "Samurai Blue" and see what's happening.

Rowena said...

I'd say that bicyclist is pretty gutsy to be lugging that thing on 2 wheels! gah about the numbers going up...and right around flu season too.

K and S said...

Jalna, I hope he made it home okay too. FIFA starts on 11/20

Rowena, they are saying you can catch BOTH at the same time too :(

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Your umeshu is indeed looking quite good Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat