Monday, September 21, 2026

nazo no chicken (mysterious chicken)

I was watching a television program and was intrigued by this recipe by Kobori Kiyomi

Luckily, I found a version online to try

Nazo no Chicken (Mysterious Chicken) by Kobori Kiyomi

600 grams chicken thighs

160 grams mayo

160 grams sour cream

30 grams curry powder

20 grams lemon juice

80 grams chutney

Mix all the ingredients except the chicken

Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and put in the "sauce"

Bake in a 200 C (400 F) oven for 15 to 20 minutes

NOTES: super easy and tasty

I cut the sauce recipe to 1/4

I didn't have sour cream so I used plain yogurt

I also put some garam masala in even though the recipe doesn’t call for it because I always put some when making curry

I used boneless chicken and removed the skin

I greased a ceramic dish and baked it for 15 minutes but it could have been cooked for a little longer

The chicken stays quite tender

And the sauce is good with rice

I'm glad I tried this and want to make this again

p.s. we're still waiting for Typhoon 25 (Dujuan) to pass, we're staying indoors and laying low 

4 comments:

jenny said...

Sounds like an easy recipe and tasty! Glad it worked out. Hope the typhoon passes and nothing happens!

jalna said...

Looks good! Funny name.

K and S said...

Thanks Jenny! Take care! Kat

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna :) Take care! Kat