Saturday, September 05, 2026

this and that

finally gave up these plastic slippers...I had bought them when we went to Okinawa (pre-blog) in 2004?!

I had been using them in the shower because I don't want to catch Satoshi's athlete's foot...the strap on the right broke first and the one of tge left broke recently

I am using my MUJI slippers in the shower now...
thought this was a unique way to grow plants...no pot, just hang them in a sturdy plastic bag
remember this building? (photo from April) well, they tore it down while I was in Hawaii





and were trying to take apart the gate/arch area in August

They are already starting to build something on the land...I hope it won't be a high rise
not sure if there is a law or just a rule, but construction sites must give workers breaks during the day to hydrate

most times, you see the workers sitting in the shade.

this was the first time I saw a rental "room"

when you are walking and hear a "click" "click" sound...then see this on the bottom of your slipper

these type of 3D stickers are all the rage here...
drinking antibiotics...had blister thingy on the roof of my mouth near a tooth

went to the dentist and he took out the blood...luckily no pus!

will go back on monday, hoping it will heal and no need to do any more work in that area...good mojo please!

Busu no Kobu...is the name of a sweet in Kuji, Iwate from Sawagiku

I thought it was a unusual name..."busu" in Japanese means "ugly" and "kobu" in Japanese means "lump"

The name comes from Ainu language and refers to an area in Kuji that the Ainu used to live...so "busu" means "bushi (warrior)" and "kobu" means "to gather"

These were like pie crust manju, the one on the left was filled with sweet bean paste and the one on the right also had black sesame seeds

I'm glad we tried them.

Was able to get a package of my favorite ume from Fukumitsuya...the price went up, up, up!
Wanted to try this tomato dressing, but after seeing it in a store, I couldn't remember which store

I like this okonomiyaki sauce by Oliver sauce, but cannot find it in the supermarket I originally bought it from

And the Hiroshima antenna shop only sells the teeny package of furikake, so I wanted the bigger size

Instead of paying shipping fees for all three, I ordered them from Yodobashi camera and went to pick them up!

It was fast too, I ordered it and the next day I was able to pick them up!

Was happy I could use points from my Yodobashi card too, so it was 350 yen off!

even if the weather is still super warm, the Autumn type foods are out and about

marron (chestnut) custard pie!

I have these "socks" on our bench legs so they won't make noise and bother the people below

The only problem is the "socks" are loose, so they fall off whenever we move the bench

I bought these velcro straps to help keep the "socks" up, let's see how long it will take “someone” to notice...he still hasn't noticed the door knobs

More rain forecast! so much flooding all over Japan due to bands of rain that just hover over areas for hours! days!

oh and our flu season has started early!

Hope everyone will have a safe weekend.

No comments: