Tuesday, September 29, 2026

nikudofu

saw this recipe on television and wanted to try

Serves 2: from Sakurai Ariyoshi the Yakai Kitchen

1 block momen tofu (hard), drain and cut into easy to eat pieces

100 grams beef belly, cut into bite sized pieces

50 grams onion, thinly sliced

10 grams ginger, grated

40 milliliters sake (rice wine)

40 milliliters mirin (sweet rice wine)

240 milliliters water

10 grams honey

16 grams sugar

20 milliliters shoyu

80 milliliters mentsuyu (sauce for noodles)

In a pan, bring the sake and mirin to a boil

Then add the water, sugar, honey, shoyu and mentsuyu

Add the beef, onion and ginger

cook on low for 3 minutes

Add the tofu and simmer until the sauce has permeated the tofu

Turn the heat off and let the tofu soak in the sauce

NOTES: this was delicious

easy to put together

I didn't read the directions and mixed all the ingredients for the sauce together brought it to a boil then simmered everything for a total of 10 minutes

I also added renkon (lotus root) and maitake

I have quite a bit of sauce leftover, so I'm thinking to make oyakodon with it

No comments: