Tuesday, September 30, 2008

with parsley also comes...

So with the rest of my Italian parsley, I used it to try La Fuji Mama's recipe.

The sweet potatoes are in season here. The ones that I bought were long and skinny.

I rinsed then cut the potatoes into half and then fourths. (La Fuji Mama's recipe suggests peeling them, but I left the skins on)

Since I didn't have garlic powder or dried parsley, I grated some fresh garlic and sprinkled it on with some freshly chopped parsley.

This recipe is delicious. Salty and sweet--salty from the seasoning, sweet from the sweet potato.

Since I was going to cook the sweet potatoes in the oven, I figured why dirty another pan or pot, so I drizzled some EVOO, salt and peppered some chicken and put them on the side of the sweet potatoes.

For the last 7 minutes, I put everyone under the broiler.

The chicken skin got really crispy....yum.

The fries didn't get crisp but they were cooked and delicious. I'll try her method for crispy fries another time.

Since I usually just steam my sweet potatoes, this was a nice change.

9 comments:

Rachael Hutchings said...

Yeah! I'm glad you liked them. Mmmm, I always love using fresh herbs/spices over dried!

Phoebe said...

oh sweet potatoes are a delight! Especially when it is ripe!!

K and S said...

Thank you Fuji Mama! it was a great recipe and easy too.

Thank you Phoebe!

Take care you two.
Kat

Jenster said...

Looks delicious! I bet your kitchen smelled amazing, too.

Sometimes for a lazy lunch, I just cook a sweet potato in the microwave, then mash it and add a little butter and sea salt. Sweet, creamy and salty at the same time. So simple yet so ono! And good for you, too, if you're careful with the butter and salt.

K and S said...

mmm that way sounds delicious, Jenster. I'll have to try it that way soon :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

I love oven fries--these are so bright and colorful too. Yum!

K and S said...

I hope you try these Deb, they are really delicious and easy :)

Take care.
Kat

Barbara said...

I love these sweet potatoes. In NZ they are called Kumura. I roast them in the oven on a high heat. They are sort of crisp on the outside and really soft inside.

Have a great weekend Kat.

K and S said...

I love the name of your sweet potatoes, Barbara!

You have a great weekend too!

Take care.
Kat