Thursday, June 28, 2012

bambucha

While most things in Japan are teeny, everything here are bambucha (huge)!

Remember those blueberries I talked about before?! see?!

And then my mom's friend gave us this papaya, I think they call this one "watermelon" papaya because it is as big and heavy like a watermelon.

Also, I think the insides are supposed to be light pink like a watermelon too.

It's probably gonna take us a week to eat it...

I bought a multi-vitamin and omega-3 supplement to take while I'm here...at least I don't have a problem swallowing pills...yet!

Another friend of my mom's, grew these okra.

In Japan, our okra is maybe 3 inches long, max, almost like fingers.

These were at least 4 to 6 inches and really thick!

This roll of toilet paper was as wide and thick as a roll of paper towel....eep!

So, I'm freaking out with all these big things...anything freaking you out these days?!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, Americans love big things. Look at typical American cars, meals, etc...I do not like huge things. I love small, but functional! :)
Sandy

K said...

Haha, that papaya especially is GIANT! I hope it's delicious!

K and S said...

Sandy, aren't these fun?! :)

it kinda tasted like coconut K, weird huh?!

Take care you two.
Kat

Dennis K. said...

I remember those giant lecithin tablets used to intimidate me.

K and S said...

sounds pretty scary Dennis!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

So that's the scoop on the tp. Big things aren't lacking over here (there's always a friggin GIGANTIC mortadella being displayed around somewhere), and when I see american-style hamburger buns and muffins at the supermarket, I laugh because Italy has definitely caught the american bug. Like the american-style frige in my house...that's so alla moda now.

Now on the topic of freaking out...here's something to contribute. I found a snake in my house a couple days ago. Horrors!

KirkK said...

Loved that photo of the papaya Kat! Bambucha was the first word that came to mind.

K and S said...

I saw that photo on Flickr Rowena, that looked BEEG!

only someone from Hawaii would think that too Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat