Saturday, June 02, 2012

ryu ryu

Friday, Satoshi called me to say he wouldn't be needing dinner...boo!

I wasn't in any mood to cook after that call, so I boiled some pasta and heated up this sauce.

It was a gyu-suji (beef gristle) carbonara by Ryu-ryu, a well known pasta place in the Kobe-Osaka area. The gristle is simmered in a shoyu-sugar sauce until tender.

Combine that with a cheesy cream sauce....different, right?!

I topped this with some broccoli and some colored peppers just because I needed some veggies...

I really liked this. The sauce was on the salty side and the beef on the sweet side. Definitely not something to eat all the time, just in a pinch.

9 comments:

jalna said...

Looks great!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

We all need those shortcut meals :) Glad you enjoyed, Kat!

K and S said...

indeed Lizzy :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

This looks delicious - I love the colors from the veggies you added too!

K and S said...

Thanks K, I really enjoyed the sweet and salty of this dish.

Take care.
Kat

Maika said...

wow...very interesting...thanx for posting :)something new learned...didn't even know they packaged spaghetti sauce like this.

K and S said...

you are welcome Maika, hope you can try something like this where you are.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Looks good to me, and I like the design of the box! Also the bright colors of the vegs makes this really tempting.

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena, the box was cute :)

Take care.
kat