Saturday, June 23, 2012

foodie wednesday

My BFF needed a ride into town for an appointment early Wednesday morning, so I stopped into the Beach Bum Cafe for some coffee, which I had heard about from Rick.

I tried their Honey Typica which was grown on the North Shore of Oahu. I liked this. It was a medium dark roast with only a little acidity...$2.25 for an 8-ounce cup.

I also tried their peanut butter cheesecake...$3.85. This was a little hard, but delicious.

Then, since I had some time to kill, I walked around. There were many spots for wi-fi, so I sat around using it.

I then came upon a bagel shop called "This is it...too!" and decided I should actually have something for breakfast.

I tried the Rossi's omelet (hash browns, bacon, egg & cheese) on a bagel of your choice. I chose their whole wheat.

For some reason, many on the web, don't like this place for bagels, but I enjoyed this, every breakfast item rolled into one omelet and their bagel had cranberries here and there too....$4.50

Afterwards, I played tourist...loved the reflections on the buildings.

Have you seen the new "Hawaii Five-O"? This is where their "headquarters" is located, right across from the Iolani Palace...ooh and last time I was home, I spotted Daniel Dae Kim near Whole Foods in Kahala. (see, I still need that camera in my eye...)

All in all, despite a few drizzles it was a great day.

Beach Bum Cafe (closed 2014)
1088 Bishop Street
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.521.6699

This is it...too!
1001 Bishop Street
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.526.2280

p.s. Happy 49th wedding anniversary to my Mom & Dad! Love you guys!

14 comments:

K said...

Sounds like a great morning!

K and S said...

indeed K!

Take care.
Kat

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I just caught up with all your Hawaii posts. I didn't realize you are in Hawaii till now! Many of my friends are going to Hawaii and I only wish I was there too. I'll enjoy reading your Hawaii Eats! =)

K and S said...

lol thanks Nami :) I hope you can visit here soon!

Take care.
Kat

Kathy YL Chan said...

Always wanted to try Beach Bum Cafe - will have to check it out next time ^_^

K and S said...

when you go, I hope you like it Kathy :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

From coffee to cheesecake to bagel, sounds like a power breakfast to me (cranberries in a wholewheat bagel...yum). Okay so IF you spot and run into one of the 5-0 team members, you will get an autorgraph, right?

And the 23rd is your folks' 49th anniversary? So is MotH's. 50 years!

K and S said...

will do Rowena, and Happy Birthday to MotH!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

No no, not his birthday! His folks' 50th wedding anniversary is today (23rd).

K and S said...

oopsa! Happy Anniversary to your MIL & FIL, Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat

Foodhoe said...

Aha, I wanted to know more about that bagel with the omelette inside , did the bagel really have cranberries inside? Not sure I'd like that but it sounds pretty good otherwise

K and S said...

cranberries not your thing? you could choose a different bagel, they had several kinds, Foodhoe :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

I had coffee there a while back and thought it was excellent.

Happy anniversary to your parents!

;-)

K and S said...

glad you enjoyed it there too Deb!

Take care.
Kat