Saturday, August 25, 2012

lee's bakery & kitchen

DSC01803 Yesterday, my cousin P and her family, brought over this custard pie along with lunch from Tanioka's.

The custard pie was from Lee's Bakery in Chinatown. I think this might be the place that Kirk said makes awesome doughnuts...

Anyway, the pie was eggy and rich, like custard pies should be. Plus, it was still warm, I think it had just come out of the oven...mmm!

The crust was flaky but not "the best", the filling on the other hand was delish!

Thank you P!

Lee's Bakery & Kitchen
126 North King Street (Chinatown)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.521.6261
Mondays-Saturdays 5:00-17:00, Sundays 5:00-16:00

6 comments:

Rowena said...

It looks like it also had a nice height to it. Lots of places I've purchased from had custard pies that were on the shallower side. Looks soooooo good from my side of the screen.

K and S said...

I only wish the crust was a little more flaky Rowena, but overall, it was ono!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - I think you may have the place...sounds right! Looks delish as well. Thanks for the mention.

K and S said...

cool! will have to check out their doughnuts, Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Yum, looks and sounds delicious!

K and S said...

want to try some of their other items next, K!

Take care.
Kat