Wednesday, August 15, 2012

hawaii returns

We went back to Queen Street Cafe & Grill the other night to pick up dinner.

Mom chose their U.H. Sports Special...$8.75 + tax. This came with a Kiawe Steak, their famous Furikake Garlic Chicken, a slice of luncheon meat and Ahi Katsu (tuna cutlet)

Wow! The price is just a little higher than the Zip Pac, but this combination beats out Zippy's Zip Pac for sure. Look at that ahi katsu, the real deal!

Their furikake garlic chicken seemed more like mochiko chicken, but it was still delicious.

She couldn't finish this (and is gonna eat the leftovers another day) but she's was happy she tried this.

I tried their Fried Pork Chop with Mushrooms and Onions...$7.50 + tax.

I also tried their garlic mashed potatoes.

The mashed potatoes were smooth, creamy with LOTS of minced garlic in it.

The fried pork chop was cut up into smaller pieces after it was fried and you even received the bone, but what you can't see is all that butter that the mushrooms, onions and maybe even the pork chop was fried in....mmm!

I ate the whole thing...sigh!

Definitely a great place and you get your money's worth.

7 comments:

K said...

Wow those look great!

K and S said...

indeed they were K!

Take care.
Kat

The Squishy Monster said...

what a DELICIOUS deal!!!

K and S said...

it was indeed Squishy Monster!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I can only guess what that "sigh" meant! Once again, that's a whole pile of food for CHEAP as I do the $ to € ratio in my head...

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat! I see no mac salad this time around! ;o)

K and S said...

the sigh means I really gotta "walk" all this off when I get back to Japan, Rowena!

yup, no mac this time, Kirk ;)

Take care you two.
Kat