Friday, August 17, 2012

mini garden express

Running late after an errand, we popped into Moanalua 99 to check out what things they had for lunch.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the place busy, see, the last time I had been to the area was in 2006 and it was dark, a lot of places weren't operating, quite scary, in fact.

After checking out most of the vendors, we chose Mini Garden Express' crispy gau gee noodle...$7.50 + tax.

I think this type of noodle is what they call "Hong Kong" style, it is on the thin side. I like it and the fact that they fry it up crisp for this dish too!

Another plus is that they pack the gau gee separately. But, their filling is kinda skimpy.

We want to check out some of the other places here, we'll be back!

Mini Garden Express
inside of Moanalua 99
1151 Mapunapuna
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.833.3828

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah; the noodles look like "Hong Kong Style"......how come you didn't order the noodles "Cake Noodle" style? Especially in Hawaii. I miss cake noodles -- a culinary mistake many years ago in Hawaii that should be made into a Chinese culinary standard everywhere.

K and S said...

I didn't know it was an option, Anon.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Yum. After last night's heavy on the fried antipasti and meat dinner, I am so craving for vegs. I feel so weighed down!

K and S said...

this had quite a bit of veg, Rowena, but lots of noodles too :)

Take care.
Kat

The Squishy Monster said...

I'm salivating! Looks fabulous!

K said...

Oh yum, HK style noodles are so good!

K and S said...

Thanks Squishy Monster :)

They are K!

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - I haven't been in the place since 99 Ranch Market moved out. I'll have to check it out on my next trip!

K and S said...

I hope you find something good to eat in there Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

Kathy YL Chan said...

Ahh I always go Mini Garden whenever we stop by 99 Ranch...family tradition!! :)

K and S said...

can't wait to try out some of the other place in there, Kathy!

Take care.
Kat