Saturday, August 18, 2012

hawaii reconnects

I hadn't been to Arancino on Beachwalk since pre-blog (2005)! (maybe even pre-Japan (2001)?!)

I met up with Val and Greg the other day for lunch and it was nice to catch up with them.

My lunch started out with their garden salad. Loved the fresh papaya and tangy vinaigrette.

Their spaghetti con polpette (spaghetti & meatballs) was kinda disappointing though.

The meatballs were...hard! I would have thought they would be more moist because the menu said they are made with a mixture of pork and beef.

And the noodles were kinda mushy.

Still, I'm glad they are still in business and it was great to visit with some old friends.

I'd definitely go back to try other things on their menu.

Arancino
225 Beachwalk
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.923.5557

6 comments:

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Nice to hear you are having a great time with your family and friends and eating good food~~~! Several of my friends have been going to Hawaii (one going next week) and I'm so jealous of them. :D Wish my home is in Hawaii. Haha.

K and S said...

Thanks Nami :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Argh! Overcooked pasta! Just curious...did they have arancini on the menu too?

K and S said...

from what I could see online, I don't think they do have arancini, Rowena :(

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Oh no! Bad pasta AND meatballs :o(

K and S said...

I know K :(

Take care.
Kat