Monday, August 13, 2012

tadashi

On Satoshi's last night in Hawaii, Mom took Satoshi and me out to dinner at Tadashi in the Pearl Kai Shopping Center.

I think the last time I've eaten here was about 6 years ago...

Since she doesn't eat raw fish, Satoshi and I shared this Dynamite Roll, topped with scallops.

I'm not quite sure what was in the sushi, but it was topped with sweet chili sauce mixed with mayo then "blow torched". We agreed, it was good, but too much mayo on this one.

We also shared this Rainbow Roll.

(I gotta learn how to do this...)

Mom enjoyed her Tempura teishoku. Everything was hot and the batter, light and crisp.

With all the economic woes, places come and go, I'm glad that Tadashi is still around.

I think Satoshi enjoyed his vacation here, "Thanks for dinner Mom!"

Tadashi
Pearl Kai Shopping Center
98-199 Kamehameha Highway
Aiea, Hawaii
Phone: 808.485.8535
Closed Tuesdays
Lunch 11:00-14:30, Dinner 17:00-21:00

7 comments:

Rowena said...

I'm thinking Satoshi is sorry that his vacation was too short! Good thing it's only something like 5 hours? 6 hours? flight time. Maybe he can fly over again?

K and S said...

I think during winter it is like 6 hours coming to Hawaii, Rowena, but going back to Japan it is more like 8 or 9 because we're going against the tailwinds :p

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - I didn't know your mom doesn't eat raw fish.

K and S said...

yeah Kirk, she always "cooks" her sashimi whenever she goes on a tour, crazy yeah?!

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Looks delicious!

jalna said...

Looks ono . . . maybe one day after swap meet . . .

K and S said...

yeah you guys should try them, Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat