Tuesday, August 14, 2012

sugarlina

You know how fro-yo was trending? Well, now it seems to be cupcakes.

I think it has to do with one of our local cupcake shops winning on the Food Networks' "Cupcake Wars".

Anyway, I don't particularly like their cupcakes, though they do have their fans.

I am always willing to try new places though, like Sugarlina Bakeshop.

I actually found out about this place on one of my social media feeds.

After dinner at Tadashi, we picked up some dessert...chocolate, strawberry (buttercream frosting), chocolate & vanilla (cheesecake frosting) and fleur de sel (caramel center).

This place is pricey...$2.95 +tax for a cupcake.

My mom (she had the strawberry one) said that their buttercream frosting was delicious.

I thought their cakes were quite moist (even though they are kinda sitting out).

If you bake, you'd probably think that it was outrageous to pay so much for something so little.

Would I go back? probably for a special occasion.

Sugarlina Bakeshop
Pearl Kai Shopping Center
98-199 Kamehameha Highway
Aiea, Hawaii
Phone: 808.312.3173

4 comments:

K said...

Pretty!

It must be just from being around them so much but cupcakes here and in NYC pretty much START at $2.75 + tax, I've seen some that are close to $4 each haha.

Rowena said...

As I commented on Flickr...they sho' are pretty though!

Kathy YL Chan said...

Hi Kat! $2.95 is crazy for a cupcake...can you believe some places in NYC go up to $4 for a cupcake? Sheesh! I was shocked the first time, but now I'm just used to it :/

K and S said...

ha! you two said pretty much the same thing, K & Kathy :)

indeed they are Rowena :)

Take care everyone.
Kat