Friday, February 26, 2016

nutria

I'm amazed at all the different creatures we have in our neighborhood.

Of course there are all sorts of different birds (ducks, herons), and we sometimes see a carp swimming around in the river.

We also have fireflies during the summer.

The other day as I was crossing over a footbridge, I noticed what looked like a rabbit feeding on some grasses below near the river.

I stopped to look at it because I've never seen a rabbit down near the river.

Sorry the picture is teeny but that was as far as my iPhone's lens could zoom in.

It was my first time seeing a creature like this and after searching the internet it turns out that it was a nutria.

Here's a link on Wikipedia (apparently it is also called coypu), there's even a short video there as well.

Love technology!

Hope you have a nice weekend.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Nutrias are edible...

jalna said...

Wow!

Kalin's Mommy said...

They are kinda cute, but wouldn't want to meet up with one!

K and S said...

Dawn, eep!

Jalna, krazy yeah?!

agreed Mich :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

KirkK said...

I heard that they taste pretty good Kat!

K and S said...

if I remember didn't you try this in Peru, Kirk ?!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

That was Guinea pig Kat. I haven't tried Nutria (yet)....

K and S said...

ah sorry Kirk, guess I misunderstood.

Take care.
Kat