Wednesday, February 24, 2016

questionnaire

A couple of weeks ago, we filled out an enquête (questionnaire in French) for the gas company.

To tell you the truth, the form was poorly made and we really didn't know if we answered it properly.

The thing about questionnaires in Japan is that they usually "reward" you for answering them.

I asked Satoshi why companies do this and he said that if they didn't reward you, most people wouldn't take the time to fill them out.

So the other day, the gas company sent us our "reward"...a gift certificate for 1000 yen, which we used at our neighborhood conveyor belt sushi shop.

Do companies usually reward you for answering their questionnaires where you live?

9 comments:

alibaba37 said...

That is nice of them! No way we get rewarded here in California.

KirkK said...

Sometimes Kat....but mostly no! Usually you can be put in a drawing, etc. Bristol Farm gives you a discount when you do their surveys which I will always do since it's like $5 of $25 or something like that.

Rowena said...

you just got to love how they do things in Japan...incredible!

K and S said...

alibaba37 it really was nice of them :)

ah interesting Kirk!

indeed Rowena :)

Take care everyone.
kat

jalna said...

Hey, that's cool!!

K and S said...

Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat

David said...

We don't get that in Michigan, unfortunately.

You did, however, help me understand some katakana that has been bothering me since I studied in Japan in 2001. I never understood the origin of アンケート (Romaji: ankeeto). With you noting it as an "enquête", I got it.

アンケート --> enquête --> inquest --> questionnaire

Japanese is a funny language, but not nearly as incomprehensible as English...

K and S said...

I'm glad I helped you David :) there are so many foreign words that are in romaji that drive me krazy too. And I'm pretty sure the Japanese themselves do not know the origins of the romaji words they are using.

Take care.
Kat

K said...

A nice little reward for your time!