Tuesday, August 07, 2018

update

You should've seen the TSA line in Honolulu, it snaked around a couple of times and went all the way to the curb!

They finally have free wifi and have changed the gate numbering.

The menu on my flight was keema curry or oyster chicken.

I chose the keema curry and it was pretty good.

We also had fried fish (I think) with some marinated onions which was delicious too.

The grossest thing on the tray was the potato salad which had a weird texture so I didn't eat it.

We also received Big Island Candies cookies and Tropilicious sherbert.

The flight also wasn't too full so the seat next to me was empty.

I watched many movies...."Zootopia", "Coco" (I only saw the last half because I fell asleep after lunch), "Moana" and "The Greatest Showman".

Mostly animation type movies, but I enjoyed all.

Since Satoshi couldn't meet me at the airport, I sent one bag to be delivered.

It was weird trying to remember how to get back to where we live.

I guess I haven't really adjusted to the move yet.

My bag was delivered yesterday and everything seems to be intact.

The heat and humidity are brutal.

Most of the plants on my lanai are dead...sigh.

Our kitchen is the only place with the air conditioner, so we also are using our electric fan.

I guess it doesn't help that a typhoon is also approaching.

Hope your week is going well.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Kat.
Thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your very interesting & educational posts from Hawaii...it was an especially busy trip for you & hope you're able to settle down well and rest for a bit. Heard the weather continues to be severe in Japan so take very good care.

With Gratitude,
Reader in So. Calif.

Anonymous said...

When I went to Osaka in October, the TSA line took 1 hr 40 min to get through. They had only one person checking tickets and ID before going to the scanners! Even people with TWA Pre-Check had a short wait but the person checking would take them in after each "regular" person/party went through. Luckily we got there 3 hours before our flight.

Feel almost guilty complaining about the heat and humidity here when i think of what Tokyo is now! I even read that a guy was arrested because he went to a restaurant totally nude because he said it was so hot, LOL.

I wonder if many flights are empty now because of the weather.
v

jalna said...

That's so nuts about the TSA line!!

K and S said...

Thank you Reader in SC!

V, I heard last year there was a woman who stripped down to her underwear in Tokyo because it was too hot...eep!

Jalna, it really was krazy!

Take care everyone.
Kat

K said...

Welcome back, I hope you are staying cool!

K and S said...

Thanks K, trying to stay cool.

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Glad you made it home safely Kat! I hope you are able to get some relief from the heat.

K and S said...

Thank goodness for ac, Kirk!

Take care and keep cool too.
Kat