Tuesday, January 22, 2019

day at jingu stadium

In Tokyo, there are 6 universities that belong to a group called the Tokyo Rokudaigaku Sports League.

Tokyo, Rikkyo, Keio, Waseda, Meiji and Hosei...they compete against one another for all sorts of sporting events.

Since Satoshi went to Meiji, he is part of this group.

They recently celebrated their 30 year reunion by playing against each other at Jingu Stadium.

Meiji, Waseda & Tokyo players were on one team and Keio, Rikkyo & Hosei on the other.

Of course, he isn't too active in sports these days, so it was during this play, that some of blood vessels in Satoshi's leg burst...eep!

The bruise mark that was left was pretty scary looking and he was hobbling around for the past week.

But, he is on the mend and the main thing was that he had fun (even if "the people" in the stands were fahreezing!).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Glad Satoshi's injury wasn't serious albeit scary. Did you guys up in the stands have those balloon clappers and the endless beer girls? LOL
v

Rowena said...

I imagine Satoshi is frustrated as heck (I hope he's on sick leave?), but thank goodness he's on the mend - maybe his 'play ball' days have come to an end. scary!

Alan said...

Good for him! I am happy that his injury was not serious, and I give him credit for giving it the old college try. I did that once many years ago, and I almost died. I couldn't hit the ball and I almost couldn't make it running to first base.

jalna said...

Satoshi throws right and bats left? Pretty awesome! Hope he's mending up okay.

K and S said...

no endless beer girls V...there was only like 40 of us in the stands...lol

not on sick leave Rowena, he went back to work the day after!

Alan, I think they were more excited to be playing in a huge stadium :)

Thanks Jalna, his leg is still little bit purple but not as deep purple as it originally was :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

KirkK said...

Satoshi must have been in heaven...until the injury! Glad it wasn't too serious.

K and S said...

Kirk, me too, I'm glad it wasn't serious!

Take care.
Kat