Monday, January 28, 2019

kobaya honten

When we visited Naritasan, I found some "peanut brittle type" of arare (rice crackers).

I looked online to see if there was a store in Tokyo selling something similar and found Kobaya Honten.

Most of Kobaya Honten's shops are in Chiba prefecture but they do have a tiny shop near the JR Kanda station.

They sell peanuts and different arare.

And during the winter, they also sell yakiimo (roasted sweet potato).

Some of the types I bought were with green tea, bits of dried ramen noodles...At least now I know where I can find these and it is closer than going all the way to Chiba prefecture...I'll be back!

Kobaya Honten
6-2 Kanda Tomiyama-cho
Chiyoda, Tokyo
Phone: 03.5256.2708
Closed Sundays & Holidays
Hours: 9:30-18:30 Mondays-Fridays, 10:00-15:00 Saturdays

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I always look for these and not very many places have them!
V

K and S said...

V, maybe we can go while you visit.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

they all look delicious and so much better than the generic stuff I get here.

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena :) most of these arare in Japan seem "fresher" than the stuff I've bought in Hawaii.

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

you know those sakura peanut arare you like? I found them down here in Marukai and Longs! But, the ones Marukai had, had an earlier expiration date, like sometime in 01/19. They were fine. The ones we bought from Longs had expiration date of 3/19 but they tasted weird so we tossed them. Long's regular price was $3.99 and Marukai's sale price was $3.99.
Strange, huh.
v

K and S said...

That is strange V!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

I love those type of snacks Kat!

K and S said...

Kirk, so good :)

Take care!
Kat