Monday, January 21, 2019

mother meat plaza

We tried these bento from Mother Meat Plaza (love the name of the shop!)

On the left is kalbi with tontoro...from what I could understand, tontoro is the meat from the neck area of pork.

It had kind of a "crunchy" texture because I think there was some cartilage with the meat.

The kalbi was a bit on the tough side but overall this bento was delicious.

Satoshi's bento was the kurogewagyu kalbi bento (right)...he said his kalbi was super tender.

The shop is actually a butcher shop, so I think for most of their bentos they use the cuts of meats that would normally be thrown out.

There were other items like their beef stew and curry that I want to try so I'll be back.

Mother Meat Plaza
3-39-24 Kugahara
Ota, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3751.4053
Open daily 10:00-19:30

6 comments:

Rowena said...

definitely gotta love the name of that shop! 🍱 🐮 🥩

K and S said...

Rowena, fun name yeah?!

Take care.
Kat

Kal said...

Both look delicious 😋 I wish I had eaten more bento in japan 🍱💛

K and S said...

Hope you get a chance to try more bento Kal!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

What a name!

K and S said...

Kirk, fun yeah?!

Take care.
Kat