Thursday, January 17, 2019

hanaichie

I found out about Hanaichie from a television program.

They are similar to the place V told me about in Kyoto as well as the one that I like from Kanazawa.

Their main shop is in Azabujuban, but I also found a kiosk at the Daimaru near Tokyo station.

When we went to Kyoto in December, I gave some to MIL.

This particular one has Asakusa nori (laver) in it.

Put some rice into a bowl.

Break it up and then pour some hot water or hot tea over it.

Delicious.

Hanaichie
Daimaru Tokyo, B1

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found a bunch of different companies that make these, even in Hokkaido. They're all so good,and some of them are miso and clear soups too. These are tops on my omiyage list (for myself too)!
I actually found these by accident because years ago, working for a Japanese company, their clients would bring oshiruko in the fu so when I started going to Japan and asking around, found out they make all kinds of chazuke, soups and oshiruko in fu. Love them all! Too bad so pricey, so can only bring back limited amounts. And, that's why I always have or buy the plastic boxes from dollar shops to pack them home without crushing!
v

Anonymous said...

oh, and I think this Hanaichie one also makes the corn and pumpkin soup too. So yummers!
v

K and S said...

yes V, I think you are right, they make corn and pumpkin soups too!

Take care!
Kat

Anonymous said...

These look like great omiyage! We are going to be in Tokyo in March and I always stress about what to bring back.

Alan

jalna said...

Ooooooh, love those!!!!

K and S said...

Hope you enjoy these Alan!

me too Jalna!

Take care you two.
Kat