Saturday, April 27, 2019

reconnect

Reconnected with J on Thursday.

When we first moved to Japan back in 2001 (pre-blog), J and her family also lived in the same company housing complex as we did.

Over the years, we've kept in touch through new years cards.

There was lots to catch up on since we hadn't seen each other since 2001.

Lunch was pepperoni pizza, bolognese pasta and house green salad at CPK and dessert at Eggs'n Things...my first time eating at these places in Japan.

Monster whipped cream topping on the pancakes! (and very lightly sweetened!)

The memory I have of eating at Eggs'n Things at their very first location (and at the time only location) on Kalakaua one Sunday morning has no whipped cream whatsoever...

(I think Japan has 10+ locations in various prefectures.)

Chocolate sauce on the side to drizzle and a little coconut syrup (there was also maple syrup & guava syrup that you could use too)...so good!

It was nice catching up and reconnecting, I hope we can do it again soon.

CPK (California Pizza Kitchen)
Lazona Kawasaki 4F
Kawasaki, Kanagawa

Eggs'n Things
Lazona Kawasaki 4F
Kawasaki, Kanagawa

p.s. Golden Week (GW) starts today, we'll be off the grid for the most part (though I may update on Instagram)...I'll update here after GW ends on May 7...be well everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was surprised that the whipped cream wasn't overly sweet when we tried it down here. I even put some (well, a lot!) in my coffee. Japanese pastries and sweets aren't too sugary so really good-just looks really sweet.

Hope you have a great extended Golden Week and can't wait to see what you were up to! Maybe I'll go walking through Waikiki so I can feel like I'm in Japan ahahaha.
v

Kalin's Mommy said...

Wow, I knew about Eggs n Things, but I didn't know CPK was also in Japan! Take care! Mich

jalna said...

Pizza, pasta, salad plus dessert. So perfect!

K and S said...

Thanks V!

Mich, this is the only location of CPK (so far) in Japan.

it was Jalna!

Take care everyone.
Kat

KirkK said...

Wow; Eggs n' Things, huh? And California Pizza Kitchen?

K and S said...

ha ha Kirk, yes :)

Take care!
Kat