Saturday, April 20, 2019

foodie friday

Yesterday I met up with friend, M, she no longer teaches the rugby players Japanese, but has been keeping busy with other projects.

We waited in line for seats at Pelican Cafe. The cafe that is run by the bakery Pelican.

I ordered their keema curry cheese toast.

The crust was crisp and the curry had just the right amount of spices.

They also used some dal (split pulses) in their curry.

But, I also felt their cafe is overhyped.

920 yen (tax included) for the toast and it didn't come with a beverage or even salad...

M chose their shrimp avo sandwich which was 960 yen (tax included)...I think they could've at least had a little salad on the side for the price.

I'm glad we tried this place though I don't know that I'll be back.

We then walked down the street to Dandelion Chocolate where I had their nib scone and their cacao nib cold brew.

The weather has turned a bit summery...I'm glad M had some time to catch up for lunch and some walking.

Thanks M!

Pelican Cafe
3-9-11 Kotobuki
Taito, Tokyo
Phone: 03.6231.7636
Hours: 9:00-17:00
Closed Sundays

6 comments:

K said...

Too bad about the portions for the prices - the curry toast looks great though!

K and S said...

it was tasty K! just too pricey!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

That's pretty expensive for what you get Kat.

K and S said...

Kirk, really expensive for the amount of food.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

that's a pretty and unique way to make a sandwich (was trying to figure out how they heck they made that shape!)

K and S said...

Rowena, it is quite mind boggling!

Take care.
Kat