Friday, April 05, 2019

sakura walk (inokashira park)

Yesterday was one of the only days with a "sunny" mark in the weather forecast (other days started out sunny but was expected to get cloudy in the afternoon).

I got out and about early and went to Inokashira Park.

The amount of boats/swan paddle thingies in the pond was krazy!

The sun was out and it was warm but every so often there was a cool/cold breeze.

I bought a bacon avocado baguette and a pistachio bread filled with sakura flavored cream cheese from Boulangerie Epee and found a bench to sit on and have lunch.

The baguette was delicious with a decent amount of avocado and bacon.

The pistachio bread was soft and the sakura cream cheese was lightly flavored...nice.

I hope to go back to have lunch at the shop next time I'm in the area.

My lunch view.

Only a couple more days to enjoy this season...way too short but I'm glad I've been able to get out and about to explore different cherry blossom areas in Tokyo.

Boulangerie Epee
1-10-4 Kichijoji Minami-cho
Musashino, Tokyo
Phone: 0422.72.1030
Open daily: 9:30-23:00 (closes 22:00 on Saturdays & Sundays)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued by this sakura cream cheese. Was it sweet? Salty? both? Trying to think of what I could use this with...croissants? wheat thins?
I made another small batch of sakura manju, using the pie crust recipe (Hawaiian Electric recipe), prepared shiroan and mixing in the salted sakura flowers. I only briefly rinsed the flowers one time instead of several times that other recipes suggested. I liked it better with the one rinse.
I really don't enjoy making cookies, and manju....stuff you have to do piece by piece. I remember my grand aunt made biscuit manju with tsubushian in a pan long ago (or was it pie crust too?). Maybe both cream cheese or the sakura shiroan would go well with this!
hmmm, new mission!
v

K and S said...

V, I was reading the label of a sakura sweet that I tried, and not only did they use the salted flowers but also the salted leaves, so next time you come to Japan, we should look for it for you to take back....as for the sakura cream cheese, it was a little sweet more than salty...if you can find brioche (flaky bread), then it might be nice together...good luck!

Take care!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Thanks! love shopping missions!
Costco has brioche for a very decent price. You should see how much they cost in the markets and bakeries here.
I used the last of my sakura flowers on a second small batch of manju. Hoping to find more at Marukai or Nijiya soon.
I haven't seen the salted leaves in Japan, maybe because I wasn't looking for them.
Still haven't booked my next trip :(
v

K and S said...

Can't wait until you come back, so we can hang out, V!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Your last photo is like an impressionist painting. The light on the flowers and the reflections on the water are so beautiful. And . . . Whaaaat?? V doesn't have an upcoming return trip planned yet?? No can be.

K and S said...

Right Jalna?! cannot believe she doesn't have anything lined up!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks like such a lovely day!

K and S said...

It really was Kirk!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

the short season makes it much more precious to experience, and I've really loved seeing IG doggos in Japan enjoying walks with their owners.