Tuesday, April 16, 2019

things I'm liking

Some foods eaten but not blogged about...

There are times when Satoshi goes out after work with co-workers or baseball alumni...or times when he has two German classes (one in the morning and one in the afternoon), on these days, I usually go holo-holo (galavanting) and try places that probably Satoshi wouldn't enjoy.

It was my 1st time trying lamb biryani which to me was like Indian fried rice.

Super flavorful with lots of different spices, huge cubes of lamb that were tender.

This also came with a curry of your choice, which I chose palak paneer (a spicy spinach curry with fresh cheese cubes) and a yogurt sauce to cool your mouth down while eating.

This was quite filling but I'm glad I tried it and will be back.

Himmel's tuna sandwich...loved the sunflower seed bun! forgot to add this one when I did the last liking (disliking) post.

When I went to Inokashira Park, I tried Dans Dix Ans' cigar chocolat...a chocolate baguette filled with ice cold chocolate ganache to be eaten right away.

I sat on the bench outside their shop and enjoyed this.

They specialize in different types of breads using different yeasts and flours.

I wouldn't mind trying some of their loaves and will be back when I am in the area.

Stumbled upon Mijinco when we walked from Yushima Shrine to Kanda Myojin.

Their lunch menu are different sandwiches.

I tried their oil sardine sandwich...the oil sardine was mixed with red onion, nuts, cheese and some beans...so good!

I'll be back when I am in this area to try their desserts.

Tried Pandayaki which is at the entrance of the JR Okachimachi station.

They had sakura, red bean paste, caramel, chocolate, custard and plain.

Since their smallest size was a set of 14, I got one of each flavor and had them separate them into two bags with 7 each (one of each flavor), so that I could share with Satoshi.

The white panda was made from rice flour and filled with red bean paste, so it was similar to mochi (rice cake)...chewy.

The others had a nice amount of filling and was similar to baby castella but a little softer.

I went to check out the liquor floor of Takeya. They had a rosé for half price! I love this store.

I also got some fabric softener, pumpkin seeds & green tea.

What are you enjoying these days?

Sitaara Grove
Takashimaya Shinjuku 13F
Shibuya, Tokyo
Phone: 03.5361.2029
Hours: 11:00-23:00

Dans Dix Ans
2-28-2 Kichijoji Honmachi, B1
Musashino, Tokyo
Phone: 0422.23.2595
Closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Hours: 10:00-18:00

Mijinco
2-9-10 Yushima
Bunkyo, Tokyo
Phone: 03.6240.1429
Hours: Weekdays 11:00-21:00, Weekends & Holidays 10:00-20:00

7 comments:

KirkK said...

Lot's of fun exploring Kat!

jalna said...

Whoa, lamb fried rice and oil sardine sandwich woulda been Adventures in Eating for me.

Anonymous said...

I want your life!
Everything always looks so yummy. Maybe when I retire, I can go exploring all the places around here and taste everything. So many trendy places opening up that look so good.
v

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

aw Jalna :)

Thanks V! let me know when you want to holo-holo :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Kal said...

I am really into salted egg cassava chips these days 😋 have u tried Kat?

Rowena said...

I had to smile at the rosé because I'm already stocking up (along with some whites) for summer! oh, and those pandayaki...geez, in Japan they could just about make anything if somebody came up with an idea for a mould shape. today is bat appreciation day - how about batyaki? heehee! ^-^ I would so buy all the pans if I could get my hands on them.

K and S said...

No Kal, I have not, they sound interesting!

Rowena, I hope Takeya still has them on sale, am gonna go back to get more rosé & sauvignon blanc...bat shaped goodies sounds fun especially for bat appreciation day & halloween :)

Take care you two.
Kat