Tuesday, February 04, 2020

foodie sunday

Sunday started out with breakfast at Shinpachi Shokudo.

Their breakfast is cheaper than lunch...like half price! (if you choose the fish on their breakfast menu, I think if you choose the other types you would need to pay a higher price)

During breakfast, rice is only a small portion but was enough for me and Satoshi (because he didn't want to pay 50 yen more for the regular size).

Snacks at Starbucks while we waited for Takeya to open.

I tried this rich chocolate mousse "cake" by Ichiei Taguma...delicious with black coffee.

"no smorking"....ha!

Picked up a dorayaki and kusamochi to try from Usagiya which has been around since 1913.

We ate these after dinner and I am not sure how Satoshi liked the kusamochi, but I enjoyed the dorayaki.

It wasn't different from other dorayaki I have tried but still glad we were able to try them.

Cheeseburger and fries at Henry's.

They use all wagyu no fillers...my burger had quite a bit of gristle, but was still delicious.

Very juicy!

Satoshi had the regular burger with onion rings.

I loved their onion rings which seemed housemade not those thick pre-battered types.

And then we walked from Okachimachi all the way to Shinbashi.

The weather was so warm and felt good to walk after all that eating.

At the Hamamatsu-cho station, where we needed to change trains, I went to check out the Mannekin Pis...he was dressed as Char Aznable of Gundam...

Dinner was ehomaki.

The lucky direction is west-south-west.

This half sized sushi was filled with maguro, hamachi (or maybe it was tai), egg, ikura, shiso, crab, salmon and cucumber!

Satoshi ate out yesterday which was Setsubun, so it was good we had our ehomaki on Sunday.

Usagiya
1-10-10 Ueno
Taito, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3831.6195
Closed Wednesdays
Hours: 9:00-18:00

Henry's Burgers (UPDATE: 2021 out of business)
3-7-13 Sotokanda
Chiyoda, Tokyo
Phone: 03.6206.8841
Hours: 11:00-20:00

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i need to keep saba or such in my freezer for Japanese breakfast on weekends. Love Japanese breakfast. I usually have salmon but want to switch it up. But once again, no wonder you guys are slender. Aside from what you had, I have tofu and an egg so of course, more rice. oink!
v

Amy said...

I'm so jealous of the bakery selections available at Starbucks in Japan. The selections we have in the states are so boring. But I enjoy living vicariously through your posts. And I really need to visit Japan too.

K and S said...

V, you could also do canned fish under the broiler :) we have eggs more than fish for breakfast when we eat at home.

I hope you get a chance to visit soon Amy :)

Take care you two!
Kat

KirkK said...

"Smorking' is hazardous to your health Kat! ;o) We love Japanese breakfast!

Rowena said...

with all that walking...I take it that your knee is alright now?

K and S said...

smorking is definitely hazardous Kirk :)

knee okay other parts of the body not so Rowena...

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

oh no! :(

K and S said...

Rowena, just waiting for the weather to get a little warmer :)

Take care.
Kat