Monday, February 03, 2020

shinagawa yakiimo terrace

The other night on the news they advertised a food event being held January 27 to February 2 called Shinagawa Yakiimo Terrace.

15 vendors bringing different varieties of yakiimo (roasted sweet potato).

During the week, the event started at noon but this past Saturday & Sunday they were starting at 10...so I went to check them out on Saturday, since Satoshi had a German class.

I got to Shinagawa a little after 10 but went out the wrong exit, so by the time I reached the event it was already past 10:30.

This was a look at another booth from the line I was in...

The booth I stood in line for was called Moi Moi.

They are a roving sweet potato truck from Chiba...I've shown you a yakiimo truck before here.

Anyway, since the event was held in a park in the shadows of a high rise, it was fahreezing with the blustery winds.

As I stood in line, I noticed a sign for the booth that said that all their sweet potato come out at different times, so I decided on two types that I wanted to buy but knew that if they weren't roasted yet, I'd have to choose two others.

Luckily, the two that I wanted were ready...Ayamurasaki.

Deep purple goodness! slightly sweet and delicious.

Ayakomachi

Bright orange...tasted sweet like carrots!

I'm glad I got to try these varieties of sweet potato and look forward to this event next year!

5 comments:

KirkK said...

Man, the Missus would be all over that Kat!

jalna said...

I loooove sweet potato!

K and S said...

something to mark your calendars for Kirk :)

me too Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

omigod soooo gorgeous, and how I wish I could grow those in my garden!

K and S said...

Rowena wonder if you could grow them in a deep pot?!

Take care.
Kat