Tuesday, March 31, 2020

5 minute ozoni

Sunday dinner was ozoni.

I know you usually see ozoni during New Years but since the weather was fahreezing and we stayed in all weekend, this was perfect.

I used some dried veggies, which I reconstituted with hot water.

It was my first time using the dried veggies and it came out quite good.

And heated up some mochi from the freezer.

As for the soup, I used a packed of instant suimono.

This was delicious and perfect for the weather on Sunday.

I will definitely keep these dried veggies on hand in my pantry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great idea using the osuimono! I want to try too. Did you put any protein like clams, chicken or anything? only mochi?
v

K and S said...

no I didn't put any protein V but you could put canned clams or chicken. My mom used to make our New Years ozoni "fancy" with canned abalone :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

you talking about dried veggies gives me the idea that maybe I should take up dehydrating summer harvests. any way of conserving food so that we can be more prepared in emergencies.

KirkK said...

Hope things are warming up Kat! Keep safe!

K and S said...

definitely something to have on hand in emergencies Rowena :)

some days yes Kirk, some days no, you keep safe too.

Take care you two.
Kat