Saturday, March 28, 2020

misonobashi sakai

When we arrived in Kyoto we hopped on a bus to an area near Kamigamo Shrine, Misonobashi Sakai.

This shop was recently talked about on "Matsuko no Shiranai Sekai".

I tried their yakibuta reimen...which is supposed to be their popular item.

I didn't like that they put lots of sauce on it.

The shoyu based sauce was overly sweet and had lots of chinese mustard in it...

Satoshi wanted to try the dish that was talked about on the show...Tenshin Han, which is fried rice topped with a scrambled egg and covered with a thick shoyu slurry sauce.

I got a taste and will order this the next time we are here.

The gyoza met the gyoza snob's preferences.

After lunch we walked along the Kamo River.

And spotted this cool mosaic wall made from broken dishes.

I'm glad we got to try this place and will be back the next time we are in Kyoto.

Misonobashi Sakai
38-3 Oomiyahigashisoumonguchicho
Kita-ku, Kyoto
Phone: 075.492.4965
Closed Mondays
Hours: 11:00-22:00

3 comments:

KirkK said...

I'm sure that reimen sure cleared up the sinuses! At least the other two dishes were better.

Rowena said...

when I read the part about the shoyu-based sauce being to sweet and w/lots of chinese mustard, my reaction was exactly that [.......] things that make you go hmmm🎶

K and S said...

I agree Kirk :)

Rowena, will definitely order what Satoshi ate instead :)

Take care you two.
Kat