Monday, March 16, 2020

bukkake nori

Have you tried this type of nori?

It is bits of Korean style nori that you can put onto rice or into soups.

Well, someone had given me a bag of this type of nori before we moved to Tokyo.

I had packed it into the moving box and put it onto my metal rack pantry when we arrived in Tokyo.

When I was going to open the bag, I noticed it was all sticky, oily and gross.

Then I found a teeny hole in the bag.

Since my pantry is a metal rack, I also noticed that the oil from the bag had dripped onto everything that was under the bag...

Well, the other day, I was looking through a basket I have with some li hing items in and noticed that I had missed some of that oil that had dripped...

It was hard and sticky...what a mess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always put that nori in my freezer. The oil gets rancid really quickly in Hawaii's heat and humidity. IN fact I put most of my spices and flour, etc. in the fridge or freezer so other people in house grumble all the time about no room in the freezer.

I like is sprinkled on cold tofu too.
v

jalna said...

Aiyaaaaaa!

K and S said...

V, I also put the sesame seeds I have in the freezer because our apartment gets direct sun. Gonna try on tofu when the weather gets warmer :) thanks for the idea.

For real Jalna.

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

never heard of it and neither does amazon italy. would've loved to add that to my shopping cart as they are prioritizing food/essentials items for deliveries.