Saturday, March 14, 2020

friday

I went to the DIY shop in our area to pick up some toilet paper (TP) and facial tissue since we are running low.

If the government does tell us not to leave our homes, I want us to at least have enough.

I had initially thought to go grocery shopping and then stop by the DIY shop on the way home...instead I went to the DIY shop first.

I'm glad I did because when I got there, everyone was lined up inside the stairwell of the store waiting for them to let us go in to buy TP and facial tissue.

As I was leaving (when the store officially opened), there was a teeny stampede of other customers, running for the TP and facial tissue area...sigh.

There are still no masks in the stores...I know masks do not prevent you from getting the virus, but I think it helps (Satoshi still has some masks to last another month).

Hoping we all get this virus under control so we all can get back to our normal routines and I hope that all that have contracted the virus will recover quickly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Japan has panic buyers too? It's so cray cray and now there WAS a rumor that our ports would shut down. IMO ignorant people believe and spread this. Irritates me to no end. N

jalna said...

I totally agree with N.

K and S said...

Actually N, our panic buyers were out and about 2 weeks ago because someone spread false info. The news then explained how toilet paper is made in Japan for us and that they have tons of it. It just takes time for the TP to get to the stores...so we still haven't recovered from that false info and they need to limit us so that the hoarding will cease.

Jalna :) hope you are feeling better.

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

It's pretty crazy here too.....you would not believe.

Rowena said...

as much as I'd like to see lockdown disappear at the end of the month, I don't think it's going to happen. just a short time ago, reports came in of 2 post office workers catching the virus, can you imagine? all we need is closing of post offices and deliveries - amazon is going to be so scr*wed if they can't complete orders, but what if it extends to any service/company/etc that does home deliveries?

K and S said...

Kirk, I can believe it is quite krazy everywhere.

Rowena, we are very lucky that we do not have to shelter in place, I could not imagine what that would be like. Also thankful that we have gas, electricity & water so that we still can cook, use wifi and watch tv :)

Take care you two.
Kat