Thursday, August 27, 2020

daily stuff

Back in 2018, I told you about our neighbors, the sparrows.

Well, recently, they have been getting harassed by the crows.

Almost every day when the sparrows want to enter their home (white arrow).

The crows tend to be sitting on top (red arrow) or somewhere nearby.

I usually hear the sparrow frantically chirping and take a peek outside.

Sure enough, the crow is sitting nonchalantly on top of the sparrow's home (or nearby) taunting the sparrows.

So, I open the curtains or the screen door to scare off the crows...

which stops the sparrows from "screaming"...hopefully the crows do not retaliate and start pooping on our lanai...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I hear crows are pretty smart so maybe they will retaliate. Something like cats. Don't get a cat mad at you!
v

Rowena said...

Kat, you are the bird whisperer!

K and S said...

V, I heard you aren't supposed to look a crow in the eye...eep!

Rowena, hope those sparrows protect me from that crow.

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Oh-oh; Crows are quite intelligent Kat.....hopefully you're not on their "bad side".

Anonymous said...

Crows are bullies. They also eat eggs/baby birds, so could be looking for a meal.

K and S said...

They are Kirk, I heard they can imitate babies crying ...crossing fingers I am not on their bad side...

Anon, I agree they are bullies.

Take care you two.
Kat

jalna said...

I just googled "smart birds" and looks like crows are on the top! I wonder if doves are on the bottom. LOL.

K and S said...

lol Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat