Tuesday, August 11, 2020

mcgyver


If you look through this blog, you'll see several "mcgyver" posts.

Well, the other day on the way to the market, my slipper broke.

I asked Satoshi to run to the 100 yen shop (which was kind of nearby) to buy some hair elastic or string, he tells me, "I don't know what to get, so you wear my slippers" and go buy some....gah.

So, instead, I took the hair elastic I was already using and fixed my slipper temporarily.

I didn't want to throw this slipper out because it was still relatively "good" but looking back on my blog archive, this slipper is actually 11 years old! 

Since I only use my slippers during the summer months, I guess it lasted longer than if I used them all year around.
 
Will have to look for another pair, but at least I know that if I'm in a pinch, I'd be able to fix it.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Nice tip!

KirkK said...

Nice....I've actually used a paper clip pushed through the rubber to temporarily keep my slippah together until I could get a new one

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea . Thank you
Bonny on OGG

Rowena said...

11 years?!?! that is a loooong time (you def got your money's worth out of it).

K and S said...

Thanks Susan :)

ooh a paper clip sounds like a good idea too Kirk!

Thanks Bonny!

I think so too Rowena :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

jalna said...

You so smaaaht. And Satoshi so shaaaht too. Doesn't the blog come in handy sometimes!

K and S said...

Jalna, sometimes he reads um too though...

Take care!
Kat