Wednesday, August 19, 2020

this lady

Walking around our neighborhood are the meter ladies. 

I say ladies because I have never seen men doing this job. 

Do you remember this post? I've not seen any ladies here in Tokyo checking the meters this way (yet).

Anyway, she has her mask on and jacket!

Her mask has a slit in it so she can drink water while she is on her route.
If you look carefully at her jacket though it has a built-in fan!

I've also seen men on construction sites dressed this way too.

The heat is brutal this year, hope you are keeping cool (and safe) where you are.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love those jackets and the masks! I read about those cooling jackets before and thought they were so cool (pun intended). The masks must be cooler since it is bandana style, and I wonder if cool air from the jacket vents a little under the masks. If the jackets really work, I would rather be a meter reader walking around in the heat and humidity than somewhere without a/c.
v

jalna said...

Wendell said that he thinks we still have meter men who walk around the neighborhood, but I haven't seen one recently.

K and S said...

too bad couldn't go up to the lady and ask her V, but I'm sure it must be cooler than without the fan.

Jalna, I have seen meter men when I was in Hawaii.

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

That's really cool Kat! Pun intended.....

K and S said...

he he Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

that's what you call being super prepared (the jacket!).

K and S said...

indeed Rowena!

Take care.
Kat