Wednesday, August 26, 2020

kitchen sumikko

Whenever I walk toward Kamata, I take different routes.

I stumbled across Kitchen Sumikko on one of these walks and have had them bookmarked to try.

Apparently Kitchen Sumikko is carrying on the flavors of Nanban Curry's curry, which was a popular shop in the Kamata area that closed back in 2010.

Even before the pandemic, Kitchen Sumikko has been doing take out for most everything on their menu.

So this past Saturday, Satoshi and I went to take some items out.

I chose their best seller, katsu curry...800 yen (tax included).

The outer coating is a bit loose around the meat so it falls off when eating, but the coating was super crispy and the pork was so meaty and tender!

Satoshi chose his favorite, ebi fry (fried shrimp)...990 yen (tax included).

It doesn't look like a lot of food but there is a lot of rice under there and quite a lot of curry.

Their curry is a little spicy and more on the soupy side.

The menu said that the dish comes with cabbage, which I think if you eat there they give you with your meal.

For take out, they don't give the cabbage and instead gave us each a half of a boiled egg (normally if you add an egg it is an extra 50 yen).

Anyway, this was too much for me, so I saved half for another meal.

We want to try some of their other teishoku items, so we'll call in our order next time.

We'll be back.

Kitchen Sumikko

7-23-6 Nishi Kamata, Izumi Corporus 1F

Ota, Tokyo

Phone: 03.3732.8458

Closed Sundays & Mondays

Hours: 11:00-15:00 (lunch), 17:00-20:00 (dinner)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ebi fry <3 <3 <3
v

jalna said...

Uuuuuuu, what V said.

K and S said...

pretty good value for the price V!

Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I took a look on google maps and oh my! cute place, awesome food pics, and I even liked the outdoor menu even if I couldn't understand a thing. great find!

KirkK said...

Nice find Kat....though man; I have a hard time eating curry when it's hot!

K and S said...

I like how you always check things out on Google maps, Rowena :)

I have a hard time eating other hot foods like ramen Kirk, hope it is cooling down where you are!

Take care you two.
Kat