Tuesday, December 15, 2020

back to kakumei burger

Back in October, I tried Kakumei Burger

I had wanted Satoshi to try them too, but in November, they closed for renovations...

So, the other day, since Satoshi had the day off, I got a chance to pick up some lunch for us.

Satoshi had their bacon cheeseburger (no photo).

I ordered their ume shiso fish burger. 

This was so good! The fish is lightly fried in sesame oil and there is an ume shiso paste as well as myoga and other veggies in the sandwich.

Each burger comes with fries or obanzai, so I chose the obanzai which is 3 types of veggies.

Kinpira, yuzu daikon and mizuna with aburaage.

The veggies change depending on what the owner can get and the season.

This was definitely a nice alternative to fries.

Satoshi enjoyed his burger and I enjoyed my fish burger, we'll be back to take out other items from their menu. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ume shiso fish burger! sounds so ono!
and great alternative to fries.
v

K and S said...

I would definitely get that fish burger again V!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

That obanzai looks so good!

Anonymous said...

I was intrigued by the yuzu daikon and found a bunch of recipes online. BTW, I love your sakura daikon although I've morphed it more into a ume daikon pickle because my sakura stock is almost gone. Still good.
v

Rowena said...

I love that vegetable option instead of fries, wow!

K and S said...

it really was Jalna :)

if I get my hands on yuzu and daikon I'll try a recipe I saw online V.

really good alternative, Rowena!

Take care everyone.
Kat

KirkK said...

I love that they give you option of having obanzai Kat! I'd probably always choose that option if it was available.

K and S said...

I think I will choosing obanzai whenever we take out from here Kirk:)

Take care!
Kat