Tuesday, December 29, 2020

movies

This year with so much time on my hands...you would think that I read a lot. 

For some reason during this pandemic, I needed "noise" so instead of reading I would watch movies instead, sometimes watching more than one movie a day. 

Our cable subscription has 7 different channels that show films (actually there are more if you pay more for them), what I enjoy about these channels is that they show a variety of English, French, Korean, German and Japanese films as well as many other foreign language films too.

At the end of the year, I would usually list the books that I read but instead I’ll list some of the movies I watched/enjoyed.

Last films seen in a theater: 

Based on real stories:
"Elle s'appelait Sarah" ("Her Name is Sarah") (French) 

Jason Statham:
*there were WAY more Jason Statham movies that I saw but I don't want to bore you...

Documentary : "Bon Uta : A Song from Home" (Japanese/English) documentary of Bon Dance in Hawaii 

French: 
"La Verite" ("The Truth") 

Korean: 

German:


Were you able to watch some movies during your "stay at home" time? What did you watch? Please tell me in the comments.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pretty much only watch kdrama and whatever japanese movies or jdrama plays on VIKI but not because it's stay at home time. it's all the time.
But, last night when I was flipping through tv because I also like to watch those true crime channels, I saw Crazy Rich Asians playing so I re-watched it. I wish I knew how to play mahjong because I know that was a critical part of the movie. I don't understand the tactic.
v

jalna said...

I'm into watching YouTube videos while I do crafting. I did get to see Mulan on the Disney Channel though. I enjoyed it a lot. Jason Scott Lee was great.

K and S said...

I wish I knew how to play mahjong too, V.

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

Jalna, Jason Scott Lee graduated from my high school!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Strange....I just realized I don't really watch movies these days Kat......

jalna said...

Wow!! I read that the director was hesitant to cast Jason for the role because he's actually such a nice guy.

Junichi said...

I just looked at my Netflix rental history (yes I still get DVDs in the mail). Watched 144 films this year. The best of the bunch are the following:

- Mildred Pierce
- The Big Heat
- Quest For Fire
- The Guard
- The Villainess
- The Night of the Shooting Stars
- A Private War
- Parasite
- JoJo Rabbit
- Knives Out
- One Cut of the Dead
- Come Drink With Me
- Body Heat
- 1917

K and S said...

That is an interesting realization Kirk!

Wow that is shocking Jalna!

Nice list Junichi, I will look them up and see if I can view them here.

Take care everyone!
Kat