Friday, December 04, 2020

nostalgia

Remember that blue can of danish butter cookies?!

Growing up we would sometimes receive a can at Christmas, probably from our relatives on the mainland?!

After looking online, I think it was the "Royal Dansk" brand.

They had a chocolate chip cookie with tiny bits of chocolate in there that I loved.

I saw a small can of danish butter cookies at the store recently, bummer though this one did not have the chocolate chip cookie in it.

Still, the flavor and texture was similar to what I remembered.

Even with a vaccine coming, I hope everyone's case numbers will start to go down.

Stay healthy and have a safe weekend.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you check where they were from? Originally, they were from Denmark but lately the ones on sale here are from China!!! Cheap, though, LOL
v

jalna said...

What V said . . . oh no!!

K and S said...

V these are from Denmark, whew!
Take care:)
Kat

K and S said...

Jalna, luckily these are from Denmark :)

Take care!
kat

Rowena said...

we received those cookies every christmas from relatives in california. disappeared in no time with us kids.

as for the numbers...I'd say that anywhere that is complying with safety measures will get out of this mess earlier than places that don't. like the usa. and even with the vaccine, how many will take it? I heard on the news that 75% of the population will need to take it to be of use. honestly, I think half of the usa won't take it at all.

Saburo said...

Small-kid time: we'd get that ALL. THE. TIME.

I think I got tired of them before even high school.
_____

Other small-kid time memory: my uncle was married to a flight attendant from Kobe so the other item we had on regular rotation was Gaufres! THAT, I did *not* tire of...

K and S said...

ooh I should see if I can get that here, so the next time I can go to Hawaii,I can bring some for you Saburo!

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Rowena, even if Japan’s numbers are low, our hospitals are nearing maximum capacity:( I think if Japan would stop eating/drinking in bars & restaurants, we could get our numbers lower.
Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

We always used to get several of those during small kid time.

K and S said...

Kirk, I am beginning to think everyone had these as kids:)

Take care!
Kat