Sunday, December 27, 2020

christmas eve and christmas day

How was your Christmas?

Our Christmas was very low key.

I saw this at the supermarket and had to copy.

Doesn't really look like the photo but I loved the idea, the recipe suggests using a balsamic vinegar dressing, but I used a lemon one instead to keep the baby mozz from turning black.
I baked some lamb chops in the oven for Christmas Eve dinner.

It came with a spice packet which had curry powder and other spices in it.

I followed the Meat Guy's directions on how to bake it in the oven....

Room temperature for 30 minutes then in a 200 C (400 F) oven for 20 minutes.

It wasn’t in the direction, but at 10 minutes, I flipped the chops.

This was so tender and flavorful, even after reheating it for Satoshi after he came home.

Christmas morning...super pretty sunrise.
I went to Daimaru to send some gifts for New Years to MIL and BIL since we will not be travelling.

I picked up this brioche chocolat from Daisy, a bakery from Saitama that has a shop inside the JR Tokyo Station.

This was so good, with chocolate crisps on top and lots of chocolate ganache inside.
Dinner was nibbles from RF1 and gateau chocolat from Maison Cacao which I also picked up inside of the JR Tokyo Station.
61% Colombian chocolate topped with cacao nibs...so rich but so good with a cabernet sauvignon from Maison Fortnant.
We don't really give each other presents anymore, but Satoshi surprised me with this little bottle of jam sandwich cookies and a tiny bouquet of gerbera and carnations.

I hope Santa wasn't quarantined and was able to visit you this year.

Have a nice week.

6 comments:

KirkK said...

The Missus was oncall Christmas Day Kat....and ended up getting called in twice. So it was basically like any other weekend type day.

jalna said...

Everything looks so good. Cute that Satoshi. Wendell too, we kinda don't exchange, but this year I baked him a batch of his favorite chocolate chip cookies all for himself and he gave me a coffee mug 'cause mine cracked and I was using a coke cup instead. LOL.

K and S said...

Praying SD can get their numbers down Kirk and hope the Missus can continue to stay safe.

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Jalna, you guys so cute.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

what a very delicious xmas eve and day. xmas eve was super special with that hitachino boxed set, but the following day was not the sunny one we had hoped for. and then came the snow a couple days later...🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️🌨️

K and S said...

that was a krazy amount of snow Rowena, hope it has melted by now.

Take care!
Kat