Monday, December 28, 2020

this and that

The day after Christmas we did our o-soji (cleaning)...I cleaned the kitchen, while Satoshi did the windows, lanai(s) and light fixtures.
For dinner I made Ikea-ish meatballs. 
The recipe called for panko (bread crumbs) but since I didn't have any on hand, I used dry okara powder. 

My cream sauce was kind of lumpy so I looked online to see how to fix it (love technology!)

I also didn't have lingonberry jam, so used the really old cranberry chutney that I found in my refrige.

Everything worked out well and I would definitely make this again.

I don't know if you can get this where you are, but I love this lemon dressing from Kewpie.

It isn't overly puckery or overly sweet and it goes well with salads when I serve fish or chicken as our main dish.

I have my traditional year end posts lined up and will talk to you on January 3rd when Satoshi goes back to work.

As for COVID, Tokyo's numbers are headed towards 1000.

Please take care, stay safe and be well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom would have a long list of chores for my sister and me to to do during our winter break from school. Clean screens/window, refrigerator, oven and stove top, polish silverware. Even spring break! Ughhh. I think I'm still rebelling now by refusing to do these, well, once every five years or more. ooops, giving away my dirty little secrets.
I think I saw that dressing at Costco. I thought it was yuzu miso but if it's Kewpie.....I'll look again when I go.
And for Christmas, I got several travel related gifts. Maybe it was to give me hope for my next trip, but kinda made me sad cuz no can, probably for another year! Sheesh, wasting 2 years of my passport which will expire 2022.
Getting scarier though with reports of more virulent strains of Covid.
You guys take care, and Happy New Year! (can that even be said these days?)
v

jalna said...

I love Kewpie dressing. Haven't seen that lemon one.

KirkK said...

Hmmmm, Kewpie dressing! Nice job Kat!

K and S said...

Hope you can find it V:)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Jalna, some of the Kewpie dressings have artificial sweeteners, this flavor does not:)

Take care.
Kat