Tuesday, December 01, 2020

new month new things

Beaver Moon this morning, so bright!

We facetimed on Thanksgiving...so grateful for technology and thankful that family always invite us to join in on these calls.
 

There has been a lot of noodles of late...Pad Thai from 7-eleven.

A little too salty for me but lots of shrimp flavor.

Napolitan from Kitchen Sumikko.

This was "fancy" with lots of shrimp, a little bell pepper and some mushrooms (and egg).

The sauce wasn't cloying sweet, I would get this again.

Biang biang noodles...I love saying it!

The noodles are flat and wide.

This is a rather spicy dish with a hint of 5 spice.

I would get this one from 7-eleven again too.

Our temps have dropped, our lows are in the mid-40sF (single digits C) and highs are low 50sF (double digits C).

Still hoping Japan's main government comes up with a "plan"...to stop our numbers from rising.

Hope you are doing well.

7 comments:

KirkK said...

Biang Biang Mian! Say that three times really fast Kat! Classic Shaanxi dish....wondering what the Japanese take on that dish would be. There's nothing that compares to 7-11 (or even Lawson) here in the states.

Rowena said...

I think it was last night that Japan's covid situation was mentioned on the news, and I thought how is that going to work out with the Olympics next year.

wanna make bang bang noodles now....suppose to snow in the evening and the beaver moon was clouded over last night!

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys were able to facetime for Thanksgiving especially with the time difference.
aaarrrrgh. if I want to eat noodles, I'll have to really step up my walking which I haven't for quite sometime. At least last night I walked about 1hr 45 min. Gotta do it again and again,(I hope).
7-11 here as well as Nijiya have been selling noodles, ramen and 7-11 even has pho. All you do is microwave because a gel pack makes the broth when heated. Actually, pretty good. Jalna posted about it before.
Super curious about biang biang. sounds like something I'd love.
Yay, although still warm in the day, it's way cooler at night. Actually needed a blanket past couple of nights.
I went to Ala Moana Shopping Center on Saturday. Kind of sad because at a couple of the stores I went to, heard clerks saying it was so busy, but I'm sure it was compared to weeks prior because I thought the mall was less crowded than a weekday pre-covid. Sad to see how many shops were closed.
v

K and S said...

Kirk that is fun to say too:)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

I know everyone here is looking forward to the Olympics, but I hope they cancel it and use the monies to control this pandemic Rowena.

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

V, it was my first time eating biang biang noodles, I think you would like this too. there is a restaurant in Tokyo that sells this, will check it out after this pandemic.

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

I love noodles.