Tuesday, December 08, 2020

thank you

Just before Thanksgiving, friend Val, sent us these mixes by Hawaii's Best Hawaiian Haupia. (Thank you!)



Whenever I bake I try to adjust recipes so that it will only use 50 grams of butter and 1 egg.

Well, to use this butter mochi brownie mix, I needed to relax this rule...

I was too lazy to grease an 8 x 8 pan and put the batter into 10 muffin papers instead. 

It wasn’t until someone mentioned on Instagram that I realized I also needed to adjust the baking time...oops!

(At least clean up was super easy !)

Still, this came out great! butter mochi meets brownie.

The bag directs you to refrigerate the leftovers but since it is only the 2 of us, I wrapped each in plastic wrap and put them into the freezer.

I hope the texture won't change too much.

Look forward to trying the other mixes in the coming months.

5 comments:

jalna said...

Nice!!!

K and S said...

delicious Jalna:)

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat! I actually buy that Haupia mix for folks around here....the Missus only wants me to make it the "real way" unfortunately.

Rowena said...

I take it that this will be part of your holiday baking list? 🎅☃️🎁

K and S said...

but of course Kirk :)

Rowena, I've already tried that one package and have the rest in the refrige because it says they are heat sensitive. Since one package uses so much butter, I will probably try the bread pudding sometime in January or February and the haupia sometime after that :)

Take care you two!
Kat