Thursday, September 29, 2022

curried chicken salad

I needed an idea for Satoshi's lunch and someone on Instagram made Ina Garten's recipe for curried chicken salad.

It sounded so delicious that I made some.

I poached a chicken breast then shredded it and used only 1/2 of it,  freezing the other half.

(The original recipe says to cube the chicken)

The original recipe had celery, raisins and cashews in it.

I instead added some sliced onion, 1/2 sliced apple and 1/4 cup of chopped toasted mixed nuts.

In the original recipe, the dressing is a curry mayo and had some dry white wine in it.

I instead omitted the wine then mixed 2 tablespoons mayo, 1 tablespoon chutney, a dash of garam masala and a 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder.

This was so tasty.

I would definitely make this again.

4 comments:

Rowena said...

I don't get why that dressing would even have wine; mayo mo' bettah!

jalna said...

So funny. The only thing you followed from the recipe was "chicken".

KirkK said...

Hilarious Kat.....so you used chicken from the recipe and subbed everything else out!

K and S said...

Me too Rowena!

Actually the chicken was supposed to be roasted Jalna :)

Thanks Kirk, I was supposed to roast the chicken...

Take care everyone.
Kat